Associate Degree in International Business
Potomac College’s International Business Associate Degree program consists of specialized international business courses, related business subjects and general studies classes. The program is designed to prepare you for an entry-level career in global firms and similar jobs in private, governmental and nonprofit organizations. If they choose to do so, students will also be aptly prepared to enter a Bachelor’s Degree program in international affairs.
Begin your career path to international business at Potomac College!
This Associate degree career program is intended to provide students with the leadership abilities that are considered desirable for a variety of positions in global firms and private, governmental and nonprofit organizations. Our International Business Degree program is offered at both of our school locations in Washington D.C. campus as well as at our Herndon, Virginia campus.
Potomac College is an accredited school with an International Business Associate’s Degree Program especially designed to prepare students for further graduate study in a wide variety of fields that can lead to advanced business degrees in different areas of international affairs. Our education program classes allow students to become experienced with information technology, while pursuing an educational program that helps them become familiar with the many different aspects of global business. A successful international businessperson utilizes effective business strategies and skills in an international context. Potomac College’s program includes basic degree classes that deal with the many different explicit areas of business practices in a complex and developing international economy.
International Business Program Mission
The mission of the Associate of Science degree in International Business is to prepare students for entry-level positions in global firms, as well as positions in private, governmental and nonprofit organizations.
Program Learning Goals
Graduates of the Associate of Science in International Business are able to:
- Define how social, economic and political paradigms impact ethical issues in various international business strategic planning situations.
- Work in teams, apply problem-solving knowledge to effectively communicate legal issues pertaining to international business law and international business operations.
- Demonstrate the use of oral and written communication to analyze and present economic and financial information in the area of international business.
- Discover the nature, significance and context of managerial activities as undertaken by
leadership in various organizations in international business contexts.
- Apply technology to analyze problems, develop business
strategies that relate to international business management.
Global Business Professional
The lower division required international business courses prepare students for the examination leading to certification as a Certified Global Business Professional offered by NASBITE.
To receive an Associate of Science degree in International Business, students must earn 60 semester credit hours. Unless noted otherwise, all courses carry three semester credits hours. Program requirements are listed under the required classes section further down on this page.
Program Length – Potomac College students can earn an associate’s degree in as little as 20 months.
On-Time Graduation Rate – 100% of our students who graduated from this program between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, did so within 6 years.
Median Loan Debt - For all students completing this program between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, the median cumulative loan debts for each of the following are:
- Federal student loans: N/A
- Private loans: $0
- Institutional finance plans: $0 Note: This preliminary median loan data is pending confirmation from the U.S. Department of Education. It reflects total debt, including costs of living, while the median loan amount prescribed under the Department’s gainful employment regulations excludes such costs of living.
Program Costs – Cost information for Potomac College programs is available at http://www.potomac.edu/financial-aid/tuition. The tuition and fees for the entire program, at current full-time tuition rates, are $31,750. The total estimated cost for books and supplies for the entire program is $2,500.
For information on jobs related to this program, as well as the U.S. Department of Labor Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Codes, please click on the links below to the O*NET website sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
General Education Requirements (18 Credits)
- COMP 125 Computer Fundamentals
- ENGL 101 English Composition I
- ENGL 102 English Composition II
- GNED 112 Student Success Strategies
- MATH 106 College Mathematics
- MATH 110 College Algebra
Core Courses (42 Credits)
Required Management Courses (21 Credits)
- ACCT 101 Financial Accounting
- BUS 110 Foundations of Business
- BUS 202 Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- BUS 230 Business Ethics and the Legal Environment
- ECON 201 Principles of Economics
- FIN 230 Fundamentals of Finance
- MGMT 250 Introduction to Business Analysis
Required International Business Courses (21 Credits)
- BUS 270 International Business Law
- BUS 290 Strategies for International Business Ventures
- MGMT 218 Comparative Economic System
- MGMT 235 International Business
- MGMT 260 Cross Cultural Management
- MGMT 275 International Trade and Practices
- MRKT 230 International Marketing
TOTAL CREDITS – 60 CREDITS