Monday-Thursday – 4pm to 10pm
Friday – Closed
Saturday – 8:30am to 5:30pm
Sunday – Closed
Library hours may be extended during examination periods. The College’s central Learning Resources Center/Library is maintained at the Washington, DC campus and provides Learning Resources Center support to the Vienna, VA campus. A professional librarian oversees both locations and is generally available at the DC campus when classes are in session. Computers providing both internet access and the Microsoft Office Suite are available for faculty, staff and student use at both libraries. The Librarian schedules instructional sessions on information literacy, library research skills, internet searching, commercial database searching, and on any other library-related topic of interest to faculty and students.
The College Learning Resource Center (LRC)/Library collection has been developed to support the courses and program majors offered by the College. The collection includes
- Over 6,500 volumes and 43,000 electronically accessible E-Book titles
- 60 periodicals in print format
- Databases—Five periodical databases providing electronic access to approximately 3700 periodical titles (abstracts and many in full text). These databases include:
- Business Source Elite (EBSCO Host)
- Health Business (full text) (EBSCO Host)
- Regional Business News (EBSCO Host)
- GreenFile (EBSCO Host)
- Wilson Business Full Text (H.W. Wilson WilsonNet Database)
- Country Study Database—Global Road Warrior Database providing information on 175 countries
- Over 190 videotapes and DVDs
Current University of the Potomac faculty, staff and students may access these databases from any location via the internet after obtaining user IDs and passwords from the Librarian.
The University of the Potomac Learning Resource Center/Library is an institutional member of the Association of College and Research Libraries and the American Library Association.