Associate of Science in Business
Request more information
Reach your career goals with a business degree
Our business degree career specialization was developed to provide learners with an inclusive background of business leadership methods and techniques that can be applied to almost any different type of enterprise.
In our classes, we help students learn through the combination of basic theory education courses and the correctly chosen application courses. This helps them easily conform their degree to fit and benefit their personal goals.
$240 | Calculate Your Cost
Business Degree Overview
Our Associate Degree in Business is a two-year program that gives students the broad, exhaustive business background that is necessary to productively navigate the standard goals of an organization or corporation.
University of the Potomac graduates are given extensive courses that teach them how to efficiently supervise a company’s human, physical and capital assets.
B.S in Business, 2022
“I liked the sense of a small community and the friendly staff support. I also liked the fact that students come from different parts of the world and the culture exchange.”
Business Courses & Curriculum
To receive an Associate of Science degree in Business, students must earn 60 semester credit hours. Unless noted otherwise, all courses carry three semester credits hours. Program requirements are listed below.
Lower Division Requirements (60 credits)
- COMP 110 Computer and Office Applications
- ENGL 101 English Composition I
- ENGL 102 English Composition II
- GNED 112 Student Success Strategies
- MATH 106 College Mathematics
- MATH 110 College Algebra
- ACCT 101 Principles of Financial Accounting I
- ACCT 110 Principles of Financial Accounting II
- BUS 110 Foundations of Business
- BUS 202 Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- BUS 230 Business Ethics and the Legal Environment
- ECON 201 Principles of Economics
- FIN 230 Fundamentals of Finance
- MGMT 230 Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 235 Introduction to International Business
- MRKT 110 Principles of Marketing
12 credits elective courses
Business Degree Requirements & Outcomes
Graduates of the Associate of Science in Business are able to:
- Critique the financial health of businesses through financial statements and applicable quantitative and qualitative tools/methodologies.
- Explain management principles in ways that optimize organizational resources and respond to the impact of change on business sustainability.
- Organize a business plan that considers implementation issues, including the financial, legal,
operational, and administrative procedures involved in new business ventures.
- Prioritize assessments of business problems and opportunities that result in recommendations for courses of action.
- Complete an admissions interview conducted in person or via online methods.
- Sign and submit an attestation of high school (or equivalent) completion.
- Equivalencies include a GED Certificate. Home schooled students must present a diploma that meets the requirements of the state in which it was issued. (Students with non-US credentials please see International Student Admissions Requirements below).
- Submit a completed application
- Arrange for official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended to be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration, University of the Potomac.
- Submit grade reports or scores from any recognized college equivalency examinations (e.g., CLEP, DANTES, and Advanced Placement).
- Submit certificates from any corporate education training or professional development programs. (Note: An ACE evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for corporate educational training.)
- Submit military training documents. (Note: An ACE military evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for military training.)
Request FREE Information
Want to learn more about University of the Potomac?
Complete the simple form – it just takes a minute!
- Invest in yourself by finishing your degree.
- Take classes online, on campus, or both.
- Finish faster. Save more.
This will only take a moment.
Request FREE Information
Want to learn more about University of the Potomac?Complete the simple form – it just takes a minute!
This will only take a moment.
Hear What Our Graduates Are Saying
Associate of Science in Business Jobs & Opportunities
Potomac offers a thorough education degree program that focuses on utilizing data as a resource for a business. It also deals with a business manager’s imperative role in analyzing, recording, collecting and presenting information during the corporate decision-making process. Graduates can choose to enter a variety of industries, such as hospitality, healthcare, telecommunications, government, finance, nonprofit or education.
- Sales Associate
- Management Trainee
- International Medical Claims Representative
- International Logistics Dedicated Customer Professional
- Manager, International Benefits
- Sales & Marketing Trainee
- International Business Capture Liaison Manager
- Inbound CSR Consultants
- International Business Development Representative
- International Relocation Manager
- International Customs Entry Agent
- International Administrator
- Branch Manager-International Logistics
- Store Management Positions in NOVA and Maryland.
- Associate, Financial Risk Management
- Entry Level Business Management in Education Industry
- Resource Management Associate
- Business Analyst with Project Management Experience
- Associate Director, Operations Services
- Quality Assurance Associate
- Administrative Associate (10054)
- Associate Designer
- Associate Agent
- Associate, Quality Assurance
Explore more Jobs & Careers for students
with an Associate Degree in Business
Bachelor in Business Administration Frequently Asked Questions
An Associate in Business is a two-year undergraduate degree program that UOTP offers. During your time at UOTP, you’ll learn how to apply essential business principles, concepts, and theories on the job that you will choose to do.
Depending on whether you will choose to study full-time or part-time, on-campus or online, earning an Associate Degree in Business will typically take you two years to complete.
UOTP aims to provide qualitative education at an affordable price. So we can assure you that it won’t cost you an arm and a leg to get your degree. You can have a clearer idea of how much you will be spending on your Associate in Business Degree by calculating your school cost. Not to forget that UOTP offers financial aid, scholarships, and other financial resources to keep your education affordable.
General assistant manager, sales associate, project coordinator, assistant business analyst, and assistant director of customer service are just a few of the assistant-level business job titles you’ll be prepared for once you get this degree.
Yes, you can. The University of the Potomac gives you the opportunity to choose whether you want to enroll in an on-campus or online program. It is entirely up to you to choose how you want to get your degree.
It all starts with you deciding to get an Associate Degree in Business. After you make sure that you meet the UOTP admission requirements, you check the application deadline and start with the application procedures. Not to forget that you can always contact an admission officer to help you with the whole process.