Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Request more information
Reach your career goals with a business degree
The mission of the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) degree is to prepare scholars and professionals to meet the needs of the rapidly evolving business environment, enhance the skills necessary to advance the practice of business in a diverse global economy, to further the body of knowledge and research, and to balance the pursuit of high impact business practices.
$1551 | Calculate Your Cost
Business Administration Degree Overview
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to identify problems related to U.S. and foreign businesses and to respond artfully to these challenges. In addition, graduates will be empowered with the knowledge and skills required to work as leaders in U.S. business organizations, nongovernmental organizations and international entities.
Business Development Operations Manager
“University of The Potomac was a great experience. I learned many things from the very helpful faculty.”
This Program Is Accredited By
Business Administration Courses & Curriculum
Students must complete all courses and defend their dissertation.
Doctor of Business Administration (60 credits)
- DBEC 700 Principles of Research and Writing
- DBEC 710 Qualitative Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis
- DBEC 725 Quantitative and Case Study Research Methodology
- DBA 715 Organizational Dynamics, Ethics and Decision-Making
- DBA 727 Business Innovation and Sustainability
- DBA 730 Conflict Resolution and Negotiations
- DBA 740 Accounting and Financial Management
- DBA 745 Project Management Framework and Processes
- DBA 750 Human Resources and Risk Management
- DBA 760 Global Leadership and Business Communication
- DBA 765 Global Business, Geo-Political and Social Issues
- DBA 770 International Marketing in Business
- DBEC 800 Doctoral Research I: Proposal Development
- DBEC 801 Doctoral Research II: Introduction & Literature Review
- DBEC 802 Doctoral Research III: Methodology
- DBA 803 Doctoral Research IV: Results, Findings, and Discussion
- DBA 804 Doctoral Research V: Discussion and Defense
- DBA 900 Dissertation Defense
Business Administration Requirements & Outcomes
- Demonstrate fluency within the chosen discipline.
- Demonstrate support of current and emerging business theory, practice, and influences that support business administration strategy and organizational missions in changing environments.
- Integrate appropriate principles and research methodologies frequently used in business research to solve current business administration problems.
- Formulate effective solutions to real-world problems in business administration that improve the effectiveness of organizations in support of organizational missions.
- Complete an admissions interview conducted in person or via online methods.
- Sign and submit an attestation of high school (or equivalent) completion. Equivalencies include a GED Certificate. Home schooled students must present a diploma that meets the requirements of the state in which it was issued. (Students with non-US credentials please see International Student Admissions Requirements below).
- Submit a completed application
- Arrange for official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended to be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration, University of the Potomac.
- Submit grade reports or scores from any recognized college equivalency examinations (e.g., CLEP, DANTES, and Advanced Placement).
- Submit certificates from any corporate education training or professional development programs. (Note: An ACE evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for corporate educational training.)
- Submit military training documents. (Note: An ACE military evaluation form may be required to determine appropriate credit for military training.)
Request FREE Information
Want to learn more about University of the Potomac?
Complete the simple form – it just takes a minute!
- Invest in yourself by finishing your degree.
- Take classes online, on campus, or both.
- Finish faster. Save more.
This will only take a moment.
Request FREE Information
Want to learn more about University of the Potomac?Complete the simple form – it just takes a minute!
This will only take a moment.
Hear What Our Graduates Are Saying
Doctor of Business Administration Frequently Asked Questions
The Doctor of Business Administration Degree is the highest-level program that UOTP offers. As such it is designed to prepare experienced business professionals to broaden their leadership, innovation, and customer engagement knowledge and skills.
At UOTP, a DBA can be completed within three years for most students; however, completion dates vary depending on the individual and the work they put in.
UOTP aims to provide qualitative education at an affordable price. So we can assure you that it won’t cost you an arm and a leg to get your degree. You can have a clearer idea of how much you will be spending on your DBA degree by calculating your school cost. Not to forget that UOTP offers financial aid, scholarships, and other financial resources to keep your education affordable.
Yes, you can. The University of the Potomac gives you the opportunity to choose whether you want to enroll in an on-campus or online DBA program. It is entirely up to you to choose how you want to get your degree.